Monday, April 13, 2009

post #1

For almost 10 years ,i am working as a manager and bartender at same place - The Bulgarian Bar. This is my first and last work place ever. I start as a waitress right after i immigrate here/ in America in 1999/.I was alone, scared and with only 60$ in my pocket. This place turns to my home, my school and my working place in one. Then after two years of serving i got so tired that i decide, that this is enough and get married to the owner/ We still making jokes about that with my husband/. Automatically i had been promoted to a wife, bartender, manager and mother of two:). So this place is "my" place. I like what i am doing. It is very difficult and responsible job. We have been talking about physical and emotional labor, well this is exactly that. Every night is a challenge. And every night is different. There is nothing more difficult of that to work with people, who are there to have fun, no meter how and in what price. And u MUST to help this to happen. This place is also called: The house of Gypsy music. Every night there is a live music. The style of music played there- international gypsy punk, klezmer and etc..It is a interesting, unusual place. People feel like home there. The party is wild and crazy. Just like the Gypsies- free, passionate and sensitive. The rhythm of this music is making u to dream to be somebody else even for the night. I love the people who I am working with. We are not that many, but we are friends. Most of the time we need to work really fast, but a joke or a shot in between is making everything mach more easy and reducing the stress. What i want to change is the way how nervous and rude i am sometimes, and how more and more difficult for me is to handled the physical and emotional stress. It is been a long time in this business and for me going home it does not mean end of the work day. It is just.... to be continuing.

No comments:

Post a Comment